Stale data

I hate, I just hate, to be reminded that my data is not in fact under my control. It's happened twice in the past two weeks.

First, I had a video show up in my feeds in December. As it's almost two-and-a-half hours long, I've been waiting for that magic opportunity to watch it uninterrupted. Lo-and-behold, however, the feed item disappeared last week! It turns out that Google Reader doesn't allow you to mark an item as "unread" after 30 days. It must be too old to be of interest. Thus, Invisible Ballots - A Temptation for Electronic Vote Fraud has disappeared to obscurity. Thanks, Google Reader!

Second, I had accumulated a good number of saved voice messages that struck me as funny enough to keep. Surprise! If you don't listen to them for about a week, Sprint automatically deletes them. My favorite quote from K. Dubs is now gone forever.

Thanks, Sprint!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So THAT is where my voicemails have gone. I thought I just deleted them accidentally. Man, I was saving those for a rainy day.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's the nets.