Box o' legos



Transcription:

So...I've come into some legos recently...a WHOLE LOT of legos, ALRIGHT! It's like Uncle Scrooge's money bin. Let me just pull back to kind of show you what we're dealing with here. We're kind of dealing with a big boxful of legos.

Now don't think that just because there's a lot of pieces in here that there're also a lot of sets, because that is not the case. As an example, take a look at this guy. I have found a lot of leg pieces in this box. What I have not found is a corresponding number of torsos and heads, which has been just a little bit disappointing. I have, however, found a lot of pieces that are new and exciting to me -- I haven't seen them before -- such as this guy, which I can only describe as some form of fiber optic witchcraftery...

I work at a toy store, and for their grand opening they asked Lego "Would you guys send some freebies so we can give them out to the kids when we open". And Lego said "Oh yeah yeah! I think we've got some freebies..." But they sent this box instead, which doesn't do us any good because it's a bunch of individual pieces that don't sum up to any complete set. So it languished in our basement for a long time and was recently rediscovered, at which point the owners said "Kurt. Would you like some legos?"

And I said "Uh, yeah?"

And that's the true story of how I've come to be in possession of a big boxful of individual legos that don't sum up to any complete set.

7 comments:

Herohtar said...

So you've started video blogging now?

Dude, even "a whole lot" is an understatement, lol.

By the way, I am expecting to see an awesome lego creation soon, and it had better use the fiber optic witchcraftery...

Anonymous said...

I haven't ever had a drive to do video blogging. I did, however, opt to post this video here so that people can comment (YouTube requires you to have an account, while Blogger allows anyone to participate).

Given the pieces I've been finding, I think I could construct an endless staircase, with lots of legs walking down it, and the rails of which are lit by nothing but black magic.

Herohtar said...

Hmm, I was going to suggest something like MC Escher's staircase, but apparently someone has already made one.

Yours would definitely be much cooler though, with lots of legs and black magic lighting. And possibly much more creepy.

Anonymous said...

Your video was the first thing that I saw when I woke up this morning. A pretty good start to the day.

I remember back in the day when I had hundreds of legos laying around. It seemed that all of our sets (castles, Robinhood, and starwars) always got mixed into one big castlrobarwar. Good luck.

I really like the staircase with half men idea. It shows that life is nothing but one big staircase and in the end we will all be severed torso's... er something like that.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, I think I see where you're going with that. It's clearly a vision of Dante's Inferno, made manifest in lego form. Perhaps K. Dubs can provide further interpretation?

Anonymous said...

Dude, I can only imagine how stoked you are about this, your most recent acquisition.

Anonymous said...

I am indeed stoked. I hope I continue to build up my collection over time.