F-Spot problems

I know I've been promising to upload photos and videos from my birthday, but I've been running into a roadblock that I don't have any good way to deal with. Consequently, I've had no incentive to organize and select the best photos to upload.

For over a year I've been running an old version of F-Spot -- version 0.4.0 -- because I've not had access to the internet in order to get updates. I now have internet access, and have updated F-Spot to version 0.4.2. In the intervening time, however, F-Spot has changed significantly: where previously it stored my photos' timestamps in Universal Coordinated Time (previously called Greenwich Mean Time) and interpreted the actual date and time by subtracting hours from the time, I'm now finding that the new version of F-Spot believes that the timestamps are now in local time. As a result, all of my photos' timestamps are wrong by five and six hours.

Needless to say, I'm flipping out, and my stress is exacerbated by the fact that F-Spot has had timestamp problems for several years. Of course, my solution right now is to make sure that I force my new photos' timestamps forward by five hours. If it's going to be wrong, I want it to be consistently wrong, so that it can be fixed consistently in the future.

Sigh.

Possibly-related bug reports: 340899, 340903, 332025

No comments: